Grab the pitchforks!
Greetings Minecrafters! As a warning, this post doesn't bring good news. As owner of the OmniKraft community, I have felt mostly frustration with the release of 1.7.2. There are a lot of features that have been added, but there are so many bugs. I know for a fact that I share an opinion with many others when I say that Mojang release 1.7.2 early.
The main is, as reported on Mojang's Bug Tracker is Netty timeout error [link]. I'd like to provide a link to a ticket that is open, but that is one of the issues with this bug. The moderators of the Bug Tracker website keep closing new and open tickets as duplicates and referring to the above "Resolved" ticket. There have been a couple hundred reports/comments regarding this error of numerous players experiencing this issue.
Many players can't play on their favorite server as this error causes lag and at the worst of times, kick them from the server every couple of minutes. Yes, you read that right, you could be kicked from a server within a couple of minutes of joining. I'm sure other server owners feel my frustration of offering such a dismal experience and there isn't much we can do. It makes our servers look bad for players who don't know what's going on.
Another bug that I've found on Mojang's Bug Tracker is related to Hoppers. I myself haven't come across this issue, but there are many a bug reports. [link] [link] There is also a flower duplication issue (relatively minor) [link]. Another bug I have come across is that players are able to destroy item frames and items in them so they can be stolen. [link]
What it comes down to is that are a few game breaking issues, and many more rather annoying ones. Why was 1.7 released to the public when it shouldn't have? If you were to look at the release schedule of 1.7, the Pre-Release was announced on a Monday, a patch follow the next day and then the full Release announced on Friday. Since it's release, with all the issues players have found, there hasn't been a patch. What has Mojang been up to since the release? Getting ready for Minecon.
If you look at Grum's (@_grum) and Dinnerbone's (Dinnerbone) Twitter feeds, there is no news about patches, only talking about Minecon. As a player and a server owner, I am angry that while I'm having to suffer with issues, those who are responsible for updating and fixing a game I love have been away enjoying themselves. I for one know people need a break, but to take a break when there are issues going on are irresponsible.
What do you think? Have you experience any of these issues, or maybe found some bugs that are unreported? Do you think Mojang should be ashamed or is it something they can't be blamed for? I want to know your opinions. Please post them below or here and start a discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment