Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Chance Encounter with... Him... Pt 2

   I jump, probably as high as the ceiling, but I'm not sure.  I let out a gulp as I stare at the door.  Knees shaking, heart racing, beads of sweat forming on my brow again.  "I.. I... I... is.... is someone.... there...?" I stutter at the door.  No response.  I gulp again as I slowly move towards the door.  Each step painfully loud as the wooden floor creaks.

   My hand slowly moves toward the latch on the door, easing it open, being as quite as possible.  I gulp again as I swing the door open to... nothing.  I grab a nearby torch and step out onto the porch.  I look around as the wind blows by.  Not seeing what could have made the noise, I step back into my cabin.  I place the torch back into it's holder near the door.  I close and latch it as I let out a sigh of relief.  "The wind, must have been the wind."

   Chuckling to myself for being scared so easily, I casually turn around, and freeze.  All I notice is the eyes of a disembodied head floating in front of me.  White, soulless eyes.  I couldn't tell you if they floated there for a second or for an hour, it seemed like an eternity to me.  Another pop from the fire causes me to jump... again.  As I desperately try to slow the beating of my heart, I look again, but don't see the head, or those eyes.  "Good, I don't want to see them again!" I shout as I walk over to the fire...


No comments:

Post a Comment