Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Chance Encounter with... Him... Pt 3

   I take the fish off of the fire and take to the cupboard.  I sprinkle a few crushed herbs onto the fish and sit back down in my chair.  I nervously eat, keeping my eyes wandering across the cabin for any more disturbances.  I clean the cabin up some after my tasty dinner, my nerves settled now.  I easy back into my chair and grab my book.

   After a few minutes of reading, the book falls from my hand.  Not from fright, but from exhaustion.  Not really sure how much time passed, but I awoke to the howling wind.  The first thing I notice is that it's almost pitch-black.  All the torches and fireplace had gone out.  "What the..?  Why are my torches out?"  I get up from my chair and stumble towards my chest of tools.  Fumbling for my flint and steel, I slice my hand on an axe.  "Ahh, that smarts." I groan.

   I continue fumbling and eventually find the flint and steel.  After three strikes, the first torch sparks to life.  I set the flint and steel down as I look for a cloth to bind my injured hand.  Bleeding rather profusely, I don't notice the trail of blood on the floor.  I trip over something and fall hard to the floor.  My search for a bandage is lost as I stare at the object I tripped over...


No comments:

Post a Comment