Sunday, November 17, 2013

A New Adventure: Awakened - Pt 1

   For those who have been following, I decided to start writing a Minecraft inspired novel.  I had started it up in it's own blog, but have decided to start winding that down.  Instead of having a separate blog to maintain and making it more difficult for all of you to follow, I've decided to post the story here.  Each part of the story will post on Sunday.  I'm not sure how long the story will be, but the more support you provide with comments and suggestions, the longer I'll keep it running.  Who knows, maybe one day it can be a book?  Until then, I hope you enjoy.

A New Adventure, A Minecraft Inspired Novel

Awakened, Pt 1


   My eyes flutter open.  "Uuggghhhh!" I groan as the bright sunlight hits my eyes.  My body feels stiff as I attempt to sit up.  I raise my hand in front of my eyes as I open them, more slowly this time.  A few seconds pass as my eyes adjust to the sunny day.  The weariness begins to fade as the warmth from the sun washes over me.  I manage to push myself onto my feet this time, on unsteady legs.  I begin to lose my balance and fall against a nearby tree.  I stare in awe at the sight before me.  The suns rays beam down on a beautiful prairie, full of animals and flowers.  "Where am I?" I think to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment